Re: BUG #17401: REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY creates a race condition on a streaming replica

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #17401: REINDEX TABLE CONCURRENTLY creates a race condition on a streaming replica
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 8, 2022 at 1:01 PM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> With those 4 steps, the client on the replica will reliably fail to open the
> OID of the index within 30 minutes of looping. ("ERROR:  could not open
> relation with OID 6715827") When we run the same client loop on the primary
> instead of the replica, or if we reindex without the CONCURRENTLY clause,
> then the client loop will run for hours without fail, but neither of those
> workarounds are options for us in production.

I find the idea that we'd fail to WAL-log information that is needed
during Hot Standby (to prevent this race condition) plausible.
Michael?

--
Peter Geoghegan