Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participatein comparisons

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participatein comparisons
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 18, 2019 at 10:17 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> The big difference is that you make the possible call to
> _bt_stepright() conditional on this being a checkingunique index --
> the duplicate code is indented in that branch of _bt_findsplitloc().
> Whereas I break early in the loop when "checkingunique &&
> heapkeyspace".

Heikki and I discussed this issue privately, over IM, and reached
final agreement on remaining loose ends. I'm going to use his code for
_bt_findsplitloc(). Plan to push a final version of the first four
patches tomorrow morning PST.

--
Peter Geoghegan