Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:02 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> There's not much of an alternative currently. Indexes require tid
> looking things, and as a consequence (and some other comparatively small
> changes that'd be required) tableam does too.

I'm trying to establish whether or not that's the only reason. It
might be okay to use the same item pointer struct as the
representation of a integer-like logical identifier. Even if it isn't,
I'm still interested in just how logical the TIDs are, because it's an
important part of the overall design.

> That's one of the reasons why I've been trying to get you to get on
> board with allowing different leaf-level "item pointer equivalents"
> widths inside nbtree...

Getting me to agree that that would be nice and getting me to do the
work are two very different things.  ;-)

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage
Сообщение: Re: Zedstore - compressed in-core columnar storage