Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Parallel tuplesort (for parallel B-Tree index creation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:32 AM, Rushabh Lathia
<rushabh.lathia@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I haven't touched the randomAccess part yet. My initial goal was
> to incorporate the BufFileSet api's here.

This is going to need a rebase, due to the commit today to remove
replacement selection sort. That much should be easy.

> Sorry, I didn't get this part. Are you talking about the your patch changes
> into OpenTemporaryFileInTablespace(),  BufFileUnify() and other changes
> related to ltsUnify() ?  If that's the case, I don't think it require with
> the
> BufFileSet. Correct me if I am wrong here.

I thought that you'd have multiple BufFiles, which would be
multiplexed (much like a single BufFile itself mutiplexes 1GB
segments), so that logtape.c could still recycle space in the
randomAccess case. I guess that that's not a goal now.

> To be frank its too early for me to comment anything in this area.  I need
> to study this more closely. As an initial goal I was just focused on
> understanding the current implementation of the patch and incorporate
> the BufFileSet APIs.

Fair enough.

--
Peter Geoghegan