Re: [HACKERS] How to determine that a TransactionId is really aborted?

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] How to determine that a TransactionId is really aborted?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Eric Ridge <eebbrr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm looking for the status as any concurrent open transaction might see it.  For example, if any concurrent
transactionmight see it as "in progress", that's what I'd want returned.  Does that make sense?

Maybe, but note that that's fundamentally something that can become
stale immediately. And, just because an MVCC snapshot cannot see a row
does not mean that it cannot affect its transaction/statement in some
other way (e.g. unique index enforcement).

Again, you'll probably need to put this low level requirement into
context if you want sound advice from this list.

--
Peter Geoghegan