Re: Set FILLFACTOR for primary key

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Set FILLFACTOR for primary key
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:37 AM Ed Behn <ed@behn.us> wrote:
> I have a table where I INSERT rows and DELETE rows. However, they are UPDATEd. Therefore, I've set FILLFACTOR to 100%
forall of the indexes.

I don't recommend it, since concurrent inserts that arrive slightly
out of order (e.g. auto-incrementing sequence values) can now split
pages a second time -- they have no wiggle room.

> However, I can't figure out how to set the FILLFACTOR to 100 for the primary key.

There is an ALTER INDEX for this. It works with primary keys, even
though they're generally though of as constraints, not indexes.

--
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: