Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Peter Eisentraut
> In my testing, there are no crashes in ICU 51 and ICU 53, so we could
> restrict this workaround to version 52 specifically.  Perhaps someone
> else can confirm my test results.

Probably worth running tests with Valgrind on those other versions, if
you haven't already.

We can worry about which versions it makes sense for, and we should,
but it's more important to make sure that the TRUST_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8
idea is useful as a way of defending against a class of possible ICU
bugs. If every package maintainer applies their own patches for ICU,
which appears to be the case, then we shouldn't be too surprised if a
certain maintainer needs to go their own way on
TRUST_UCOL_STRCOLLUTF8.

Has anyone reported this to the Debian maintainer yet?

--
Peter Geoghegan