Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sun, May 31, 2020 at 9:29 PM Kyle Kingsbury <aphyr@jepsen.io> wrote:
> Right, right. I was thinking "Oh, repeatable read is incomparable with snapshot, so it must be that read committed is
snapshot,and repeatable is serializable."

Right.

We used to call snapshot isolation (i.e., the behavior we now provide
under RR mode) SERIALIZABLE, which was wrong (still is in Oracle).
This was how Postgres worked before the SSI feature was added back in
2011. SSI became the new SERIALIZABLE at that time. Ordinary snapshot
isolation was "demoted" to being called RR mode.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Kyle Kingsbury
Сообщение: Re: Potential G2-item cycles under serializable isolation
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #16472: Bug in to_timestamp ?