Re: Amcheck: do rightlink verification with lock coupling

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Amcheck: do rightlink verification with lock coupling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 10:59 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> But having complete solution with no false positives seems much better.

Agreed. I know that you didn't pursue this for no reason -- having the
check available makes bt_check_index() a lot more valuable in
practice. It detects what is actually a classic example of subtle
B-Tree corruption (left link corruption), which appears in Modern
B-Tree techniques in its discussion of corruption detection. It's
actually the canonical example of how B-Tree corruption can be very
subtle in the real world.

I pushed a cleaned up version of this patch just now. I added some
commentary about this canonical example in header comments for the new
function.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan