Re: 13dev failed assert: comparetup_index_btree(): ItemPointer values should never be equal

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: 13dev failed assert: comparetup_index_btree(): ItemPointer values should never be equal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 28, 2020 at 10:06 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I wrote the assertion that fails here with the bug that I fixed in
> commit 4974d7f87e62a58e80c6524e49677cb25cc10e12 in mind specifically.
> That was a bug that involved a scan that returned duplicate tuples due
> to a problem in heapam_index_build_range_scan() or all of the
> infrastructure that it depends on (directly and indirectly). I wonder
> if it's something like that -- this is also a system catalog index.

It's starting to look more like that. I can reproduce the bug by
running the REINDEX in a tight loop while "make installcheck" runs. It
looks as if the two tuples passed to comparetup_index_btree() are
separate tuples that each point to the same heap TID.

I have an rr recording of this. It shouldn't take too long to figure
out what's going on...

--
Peter Geoghegan