Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 5:19 PM Saul, Jean Paolo
<paolo.saul@verizonconnect.com> wrote:
> Just to clarify we were using shared_buffers=30GB for our initial pgbench runs that would take a few hours to
complete.In an attempt to make the tests repeatable before submitting I have simplified the steps.

Can you retry, but pass "-M prepared" to pgbench? That can easily make
something like this 40%+ faster. I'm not supposing that that'll change
the difference very significantly, but you'll at least have more
signal and less noise that way.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Chapman Flack
Сообщение: Re: Re: BUG #15629: Typo in Documentation
От: "Saul, Jean Paolo"
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15609: synchronous_commit=off insert performance regressionwith secondary indexes