Re: Collation version tracking for macOS

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 8, 2022 at 10:51 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Their POSIX collations seem to be legacy code that's entirely unrelated to
> any modern collation support; in particular the "UTF8" ones are that in
> name only.  I'm sure that Apple are indeed updating the UTF8 data behind
> their proprietary i18n APIs, but the libc APIs are mostly getting benign
> neglect.

I find that easy to believe. It's consistent with the overall picture
of Apple not caring about the POSIX collations beyond the basic
requirement for compatibility. ISTM that their totally inefficient
approach to implementing strxfrm() is another example of the same
thing. (The Apple strxfrm() produces huge low entropy binary strings,
unlike the glibc version, which is pretty well optimized.)

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS
Сообщение: Re: Collation version tracking for macOS