Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 7, 2024 at 10:42 AM Benoit Tigeot <benoit.tigeot@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not up to date with the last version of patch but I did a regular benchmark with version 11 and typical issue we
haveat the moment and the result are still very very good. [1]

Thanks for providing the test case. It was definitely important back
when the ideas behind the patch had not yet fully developed. It helped
me to realize that my thinking around non-required arrays (meaning
arrays that cannot reposition the scan, and just filter out
non-matching tuples) was still sloppy.

> In term of performance improvement the last proposals could be a real game changer for 2 of our biggest databases. We
hopethat Postgres 17 will contain those improvements.

Current plan is to commit this patch in the next couple of weeks,
ahead of Postgres 17 feature freeze.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Partial aggregates pushdown
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Refactoring of pg_resetwal/t/001_basic.pl