Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Done.  Do you have a preferred spot where the counts were wrong?

Not really, but I can give you an example.

Line counts for each of the two "break" statements within
_bt_keep_natts_fast() are exactly the same. I don't think that this
because we actually hit each break exactly the same number of times
(90,236 times). I think that we see this because the same instruction
is associated with both break statements in the loop. All of the
examples I've noticed are a bit like that. Not a huge problem, but
less useful than the alternative.

--
Peter Geoghegan