Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #15285: Query used index over field with ICU collation in some cases wrongly return 0 rows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Aug 18, 2020 at 9:02 AM Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
<jgdr@dalibo.com> wrote:
> I might be missing something, but according to my tests back in June, the bug
> exists in both ucol_strcollUTF8()/ucol_strcoll() and is still affecting the very
> last version of ICU (67.1).
>
> That's why my patch replaces both functions altogether using ucol_strcollIter
> as replacement.

I see. I misunderstood.

> > This related ICU bug describes an issue affecting only versions 53/54:
> >
> > https://unicode-org.atlassian.net/browse/ICU-11388
>
> This bug is related to ICU4J, not ICU4C. AS far as I understand, this was
> related to a bad variable type when porting the code to java. Do I miss
> something?

That was based on a comment from TracBot on the bug tracker page you
linked to. Clearly it's totally unrelated, though. I jumped the gun.

--
Peter Geoghegan