Re: Recording whether Heap2/PRUNE records are from VACUUM or from opportunistic pruning (Was: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Recording whether Heap2/PRUNE records are from VACUUM or from opportunistic pruning (Was: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Recording whether Heap2/PRUNE records are from VACUUM or from opportunistic pruning (Was: Show various offset arrays for heap WAL records)  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 9:04 AM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> I included changes like this in commit f83d709760 ("Merge prune, freeze
> and vacuum WAL record formats"). Marking this as Committed in the
> commitfest.

Thanks for making sure that that happened. I suspect that the amount
of pruning performed opportunistically is sometimes much higher than
generally assumed, so having a way of measuring that seems like it
might lead to valuable insights.

--
Peter Geoghegan