Re: PANIC: wrong buffer passed to visibilitymap_clear

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: PANIC: wrong buffer passed to visibilitymap_clear
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 9:10 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> I don't have any reason to believe that using a super-exclusive lock
> during heap page vacuuming is necessary. My guess is that returning to
> doing it that way might make the buildfarm green again. That would at
> least confirm my suspicion that this code is relevant. The
> super-exclusive lock might have been masking the problem for a long
> time.

This isn't just any super-exclusive lock, either -- we were calling
ConditionalLockBufferForCleanup() at this point.

I now think that there is a good chance that we are seeing these
symptoms because the "conditional-ness" went away -- we accidentally
relied on that.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master.
Сообщение: Re: PL/R regression on windows, but not linux with master.