Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:59 AM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> The attached module provides the means to scan a relation and sanity check it. Currently, it checks xmin and xmax
valuesagainst relfrozenxid and relminmxid, and also validates TOAST pointers. If people like this, it could be expanded
toperform additional checks.

Cool. Why not make it part of contrib/amcheck?

We talked about the kinds of checks that we'd like to have for a tool
like this before:

https://postgr.es/m/20161017014605.GA1220186@tornado.leadboat.com

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: design for parallel backup
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: new heapcheck contrib module