Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Assert while autovacuum was executing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 20, 2023 at 10:27 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> As far as I can tell 72e78d831a as-is is just bogus. Unfortunately that likely
> also means 3ba59ccc89 is not right.

Quite possibly. But I maintain that ginInsertCleanup() is probably
also bogus in a way that's directly relevant.

Did you know that ginInsertCleanup() is the only code that uses
heavyweight page locks these days? Though only on the index metapage!

Isn't this the kind of thing that VACUUM's relation level lock is
supposed to take care of?

--
Peter Geoghegan