Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Pluggable Storage - Andres's take
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 8:13 AM Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity I've also tried tpc-c from oltpbench (in the very same
> simple environment), it doesn't show any significant difference from master as
> well.

FWIW, I have found BenchmarkSQL to be significantly better than
oltpbench, having used both quite a bit now:

https://bitbucket.org/openscg/benchmarksql

For example, oltpbench requires a max_connections setting that far
exceeds the number of terminals/clients used by the benchmark, because
the number of connections used during bulk loading far exceeds what is
truly required. BenchmarkSQL also makes it easy to generate useful
html reports, complete with graphs.

--
Peter Geoghegan