Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] PG10 transition tables, wCTEs and multiple operationson the same table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 6, 2017 at 5:01 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
>>> Also, ISTM that the code within ENRMetadataGetTupDesc() probably
>>> requires more explanation, resource management wise.
>
> Why so?  I'm not saying you're wrong, but I don't see what's confusing
> about the status quo.  I may be missing something important.

Perhaps nothing. I just thought it looked a bit odd to rely on the
target relation's TupleDesc like that. It's not quite the same as the
foreign table tuplestore stuff, because that has its own relkind, and
has a relation RTE in the parser.

--
Peter Geoghegan