Re: BUG #15896: pg_upgrade from 10-or-earlier: TRAP: FailedAssertion(»!(metad->btm_version >= 3)«

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #15896: pg_upgrade from 10-or-earlier: TRAP: FailedAssertion(»!(metad->btm_version >= 3)«
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 3:14 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> The problem here predates v12 -- the call to _bt_cachemetadata() was
> added to _bt_getrootheight() by commit 0a64b45152b, which went into
> v11. My commit dd299df8189 added a new assertion that fails, but
> that's just a symptom -- I changed the code in  _bt_getrootheight() to
> use a BTMetaPageData pointer to shared memory (i.e. a pointer to the
> authoritative version), rather than using the newly-out-of-sync cached
> version. It shouldn't be out-of-sync at all.

The attached HEAD-only patch fixes the issue by not actually upgrading
the page within _bt_cachemetadata(), while making some existing
assertions less aggressive. I haven't tested it properly just yet --
ran out of time to do that today.

Maybe you can try this out with your original test case, Christoph?

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения