Re: BUG #17255: Server crashes in index_delete_sort_cmp() due to race condition with vacuum

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #17255: Server crashes in index_delete_sort_cmp() due to race condition with vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Nov 11, 2021 at 12:25 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Can you at least move the GlobalVisTestFor() call back? Move it from
> lazy_scan_heap() to the point right before we call lazy_scan_heap(),
> from heap_vacuum_rel()? That still seems like a big improvement, while
> obviously having no real side-effects.

I imagine that you'd also move vistest into the main state struct
(vacrel) -- it could go right next to the existing OldestXmin field in
vacrel/LVRelState. These two things are too similar to not put next to
each other, and address together. We never use one without using the
other (except in heap_page_is_all_visible(), but that's just a
stripped-down version of lazy_scan_prune() anyway, so it shouldn't
count).

--
Peter Geoghegan