Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 9:16 AM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> So I see the new website design has just gone live.  While I don't
>> have much of an opinion on the front page, I do have to say that
>> I find the new layout of the mail archive display to be near unusable.

> We’re on it. Thanks!

Speaking of the archives, it would be nice if they were browsable on a
mobile device without having to scroll horizontally.

It's hard to sensibly display plaintext e-mail that's 80 columns in
width on a mobile device. Maybe some scheme that is better than "use a
smaller font" is possible. For example, perhaps there is some
sophisticated algorithm that can remove newlines without breaking too
much. I understand that there is probably some subtlety that doesn't
occur to me here. It would be nice if we could do better, somehow.

--
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: