Re: New archives layout is not an improvement

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: New archives layout is not an improvement
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 1:08 PM, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
> Not a bad idea. I don’t know if we can get that out tonight based on how
> archives are deployed, but perhaps that can be something we follow-up on.
>
> Of course, if something happens to not be 80 chars there’s only so much we
> can do.

On second thought, that's probably unnecessary. The way that the gmail
app on my phone deals with this is that is simple -- it doesn't. That
is, it simply lets the text wrap, even when it's an e-mail that I
sent, that had the newlines added by gmail itself. (When I save a
draft and look at in the gmail app, the text doesn't wrap, which isn't
something they go to the trouble of trying to preserve once its sent.)

I think that this works fairly well because the quoted text has its
color changed to purple, whereas new text is black. And, while the
font is big enough that wrapping occurs, the font is still still quite
a bit smaller than the new list archive mobile page. This results in
fairly minimal wrapping.

It should be fairly easy and effective to follow the example of the gmail app.

Thanks!
--
Peter Geoghegan

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: