Re: [BUGS] Segmentation fault mayhem

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [BUGS] Segmentation fault mayhem
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Sebastian Gröbler
<sebastian.groebler@quandoo.com> wrote:
> The selected table has about a million records and there is no index on the
> fields in the where clause.
> The pnc_type is a custom type, pnc_reference_id is a varchar(50) and
> pnc_mdi_id is a uuid.
> Running the query we were not able to reproduce the problem but we saw that
> postgres would use the parallel query feature.

This was fixed in the latest point release:

"Prevent crash when passing fixed-length pass-by-reference data types
to parallel worker processes (Tom Lane)"

I'm less sure about the other one, but it seems likely that it was
fixed, too (I recall bugs in this area that I was less involved in
fixing).

You should be keeping up with the latest point release if at all possible.

--
Peter Geoghegan