Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Calling PrepareTempTablespaces in BufFileCreateTemp
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 3:12 PM Melanie Plageman
<melanieplageman@gmail.com> wrote:
> PrepareTempTablespaces is called by most callers of BufFileCreateTemp, so I was
> wondering if there is a reason not to call it inside BufFileCreateTemp.

The best answer I can think of is that a BufFileCreateTemp() caller
might not want to do catalog access. Perhaps the contortions within
assign_temp_tablespaces() are something that callers ought to opt in
to explicitly.

That doesn't seem like a particularly good or complete answer, though.
Perhaps it should simply be called within BufFileCreateTemp(). The
BufFile/fd.c layering is confusing in a number of ways IMV.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces