Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
> With query #1 the run goes to completion without crashing (hi heisenbug!),
> but it reports many uses of uninitialised values under ucol_strcollUTF8().
> The full log is attached in log-valgrind-1.txt.gz
>

> With query #2 it ends up crashing after ~5hours  and produces
> the log in log-valgrind-2.txt.gz with some other entries than
> case #1, but AFAICS still all about reading  uninitialised values
> in space allocated by datumCopy().

It would be nice if you could confirm whether or not Valgrind
complains when non-ICU collations are in use. It may just have been
that we get (un)lucky with ICU, where the undefined behavior happens
to result in a hard crash, more or less by accident.

--
Peter Geoghegan