Re: BUG #17257: (auto)vacuum hangs within lazy_scan_prune()

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #17257: (auto)vacuum hangs within lazy_scan_prune()
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 5, 2021 at 4:43 AM Matthias van de Meent
<boekewurm+postgres@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added the attached instrumentation for checking xmin validity, which
> asserts what I believe are correct claims about the proc
> infrastructure:

This test case involves partitioning, but also pruning, which is very
particular about heap tuple headers being a certain way following
updates. I wonder if we're missing a
HeapTupleHeaderIndicatesMovedPartitions() test somewhere. Could be in
heapam/VACUUM/pruning code, or could be somewhere else.

Take a look at commit f16241bef7 to get some idea of what I mean.

--
Peter Geoghegan