Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Actually, I think I was wrong about it being possible to create the
>> collations after the fact. CREATE COLLATION simply doesn't support
>> that. This surprised me.
>
> Surely that's a bug?

I had it right the first time, actually -- it is possible.

There is a lack of any example of it in the docs. And, references to
CREATE COLLATION right under "23.2.2.2.2. ICU collations" in the docs
are under the title "Copying Collations". That threw me off.

I think that we are entitled to assume plenty about what collations
ICU makes available, at least per version.

--
Peter Geoghegan