Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: New strategies for freezing, advancing relfrozenxid early
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2022 at 7:44 PM Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> wrote:
> performing post-bootstrap initialization ...
> ../src/backend/access/heap/visibilitymap.c:482:38: runtime error: load of misaligned address 0x5559e1352424 for type
'uint64',which requires 8 byte alignment

This issue is fixed in the attached revision, v6. I now avoid breaking
alignment-picky platforms in visibilitymap.c by using PGAlignedBlock
in the vm snapshot struct (this replaces the raw char buffer used in
earlier revisions).

Posting v6 will also keep CFTester happy. v5 no longer applies cleanly
due to conflicts caused by today's "Deduplicate freeze plans in freeze
WAL records" commit.

No other changes in v6 that are worth noting here.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения

От: Julien Rouhaud
Сообщение: Re: Allow file inclusion in pg_hba and pg_ident files
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: SUBTRANS: Minimizing calls to SubTransSetParent()