Re: [GENERAL] Error with DefineSavepoint:Unexpected state STARTED

От Computer Study
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Error with DefineSavepoint:Unexpected state STARTED
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Tom.

The version of Postgres is: 9.4.7

The UI application is to add/remove some permissions through a listbox  for a certain user. For any add/remove, it will first delete all records for this certain user in the table, then insert the values chose from UI.

In my code snippet, it first execute the DELETE, then execute multiple INSERT to insert selected options into the table. After all done, commit.

The server is in remote and I don't have detailed logs at this moment. Will try to ask for that.

My question:  for that error 'DefineSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED', not quite sure happens in which step? In the middle of DELETE or INSERT?

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 9:43 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Computer Study <computerstudy2010@gmail.com> writes:
> I am working on a project of DB migration from Oracle to Postgres. The
> application is working well with Oracle. But when switch to Postgres, some
> SQL executionss couldn't finish and got an error like:

> FATAL: DefineSavepoint: unexpected state STARTED
> STATEMENT: SAVEPOINT_per_query_svp;DEALLOCATE
> "_PLAN04824560";RELEASE_per_query_SVP_

Well, that's pretty interesting, but you haven't provided nearly enough
information for anyone else to reproduce the problem.  (No, a snippet of
C++ that depends on undescribed subroutines and uncertain context doesn't
do it.)

Perhaps you could turn on log_statement = all and capture the SQL that's
actually being sent to the server by this program?

Also, what version of Postgres is this exactly?

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems