Re: BUG #17224: Postgres Yum repo mirror has expired SSL certificate

От Matt Bush
Тема Re: BUG #17224: Postgres Yum repo mirror has expired SSL certificate
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
As mentioned, it's entirely intermittent. The playbook action immediately prior to the failing step is to verify that the installed ca-certificates us up-to-date, which it is:

$ rpm -qa | grep ca-certificates
ca-certificates-2021.2.50-72.el7_9.noarch

Rerunning the playbook more often than gets past the issue, but this is obviously not ideal for an automated environment.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021, 10:52 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> In our automation we first install the PGDG Yum repo
> pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm and then install the individual
> components needed by our applications and servers.  Starting about a week
> ago, with the expiration of the Let's Encrypt! CA cert, we've been
> experiencing intermittent repo failures due to an expired SSL cert on one of
> the repo mirrors.

This indicates out-of-date software on your end.
We are aware of two possible sources of trouble:

* You might have a very out-of-date system trust store that
doesn't list the "ISRG Root X1" root certificate as trusted.

* Versions of OpenSSL up through 1.0.2 or so won't believe
that ISRG Root X1 is the cert to check for, as a result of
a hack that Let's Encrypt are using to preserve compatibility
with equally ancient Android installations.  Details and
possible workarounds are mentioned at [1].

                        regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2021/09/13/LetsEncryptRootCertExpire/