Re: contrib/start-scripts/freebsd script fails with Ambiguous output redirect.

От Yavuz TANRIVERDİ
Тема Re: contrib/start-scripts/freebsd script fails with Ambiguous output redirect.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 12:23 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Yavuz TANRIVERD\xC4=B0 <sternix@gmail.com> writes:
> I install PostgreSQL 10.3 from official sources to FreeBSD 11.1 than add
> start script to rc.d system

> # cp postgresql-10.3/contrib/start-scripts/freebsd
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql.sh
> # chmod +x /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql.sh

> than want to start the server with "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql.sh
> start" command but i  get "Ambiguous output redirect." error

Perhaps you're using a non-bourne-compatible shell for the postgres
user account?  If so, you'd likely need to adapt the syntax for the
passed-down command.

                        regards, tom lane

Yes postgres user account's shell is /bin/csh
after changing shell to /bin/sh, script works as expected

postgres% chsh -s /bin/sh

Thank you very much.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15108: Initialization problem postgresql-10-setup initdb
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15108: Initialization problem postgresql-10-setup initdb