Re: BUG #12228: Primary use-case of PERCENT_RANK not supported

От Jonathon Lachlan-Haché
Тема Re: BUG #12228: Primary use-case of PERCENT_RANK not supported
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
beenconfused because I was using percentile_disc() and assumed I would be using the same WITHIN GROUP syntax. <br /><br
/>Iwas not clear before about the hypothetical set functions and their purpose. I have looked at the documentation at
<a
href="http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-aggregate.html">http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-aggregate.html</a>
theerror message and/or documentation "Use of percent_rank() WITHIN GROUP is a hypothetical-set aggregate function. If
youdo not intend to use a hypothetical-set aggregate function, try using a window function with PARTITION BY instead of