Re: WAL consistency check facility

От Kuntal Ghosh
Тема Re: WAL consistency check facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 7:23 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Peter Eisentraut
>> On 11/9/16 11:55 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
>>> +     <varlistentry id="guc-wal-consistency" xreflabel="wal_consistency">
>>> +      <indexterm>
>>> +       <primary><varname>wal_consistency</> configuration parameter</primary>
>>> +      </indexterm>
>>> +      </term>
>>> +      <listitem>
>>> +       <para>
>>> +        This parameter is used to check the consistency of WAL records, i.e,
>>> +        whether the WAL records are inserted and applied correctly. When
>>> +        <varname>wal_consistency</varname> is enabled for a WAL record, it
>>> +        stores a full-page image along with the record. When a full-page image
>>> +        arrives during redo, it compares against the current page to check whether
>>> +        both are consistent.
>>> +       </para>
>>
>> Could we name this something like wal_consistency_checking?
>>
>> Otherwise it sounds like you use this to select the amount of
>> consistency in the WAL (similar to, say, wal_level).
>
> +1.  I like that name.
I've modified the guc parameter name as wal_consistency_check (little
hesitant for a participle in suffix :) ). Also, updated the sgml and
variable name accordingly.
FYI, regression test will fail because of an inconsistency in brin
page. I've already submitted a patch for that. Following is the thread
for the same:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAGz5QCJ%3D00UQjScSEFbV%3D0qO5ShTZB9WWz_Fm7%2BWd83zPs9Geg%40mail.gmail.com#CAGz5QCJ=00UQjScSEFbV=0qO5ShTZB9WWz_Fm7+Wd83zPs9Geg@mail.gmail.com
--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh

Вложения

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postgres_fdw and defaults
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: jsonb_delete with arrays