Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal

От Kuntal Ghosh
Тема Re: PANIC :Call AbortTransaction when transaction id is no normal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 7:07 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 01:25:19PM +0530, Kuntal Ghosh wrote:
>> If we fix the issue in this way, we're certainly not going to do all
>> those portal,locks,memory,resource owner cleanups that are done
>> inside AbortTransaction() for a normal transaction ID. But, I'm not
>> sure how relevant those steps are since the database is anyway
>> shutting down.

> And it is happening in bootstrap, meaning that the data folder is most
> likely toast, and needs to be reinitialized.

Indeed, initdb is going to remove the data directory if the bootstrap run
crashes.

But ... that code's been like that for decades and nobody's complained
before.  Why are we worried about bootstrap's response to signals at all?

+1

--
Thanks & Regards,
Kuntal Ghosh

Сообщение: Re: Passing CopyMultiInsertInfo structure to CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot()
Сообщение: Re: Passing CopyMultiInsertInfo structure to CopyMultiInsertInfoNextFreeSlot()