Re: Re: Re: Timestamp with vs without time zone.

От Tim Uckun
Тема Re: Re: Re: Timestamp with vs without time zone.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Yes it would record the timestamp and then also record the time zone.
That way all the conversion functions would still work.

That's the way it works in the programming languages I use anyway.

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 8:09 PM Karsten Hilbert <Karsten.Hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:

> > > Which one ?
> > >
> > One specified by the user.  Many date formats carry either an offset
> > or the time zone information.
>
> What would that TZ mean, exactly, especially in relation to the timestamp itself ?
>
> Would the timestamp be stored as that TZ ?
>
> Karsten

Сообщение: Re: Re: Timestamp with vs without time zone.
Сообщение: Re: Re: Timestamp with vs without time zone.