Re: Suboptimal query plan when using expensive BCRYPT functions

От bricklen
Тема Re: Suboptimal query plan when using expensive BCRYPT functions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 8:37 PM, Erik van Zijst <erik.van.zijst@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 3:56 PM, bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Erik van Zijst <erik.van.zijst@gmail.com>
>> I could nonetheless take a stab at it, but life would certainly be
>> easier if I could translate each component independently and leave
>> optimization to the query planner.
>
> How about encapsulating the revised query inside a db function? That
> simplifies the query for your query generator to something like "select
> x,y,z from your_func(p_user,p_email,p_crypt)"

I'm not really sure I understand how a db function would make things
easier. What would the implementation for your_func() be and what
would the SQL look like for the DSL example which contains multiple
password checks?

I just reread your previous post about the checks being at potentially arbitrary depths. In that case, the function may or may not help. Without a representative database to test with I can't say one way or the other. Perhaps someone else will have some other ideas of what could be useful here.