Re: BUG #15662: Row update in foreign partition does not move rowbased on partition key

От Derek Hans
Тема Re: BUG #15662: Row update in foreign partition does not move rowbased on partition key
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks. That's a substantial limitation.

I looked pretty hard through the various pieces of documentation and tutorials and saw no mention. The v11 release notes don't mention it either. Might be worth adding to the docs in more places and more prominently.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 2:54 PM Sergei Kornilov <sk@zsrv.org> wrote:
Hello

This is known limitation and documented in the notes section of the UPDATE reference page:

> "Currently, rows cannot be moved from a partition that is a foreign table to some other partition, but they can be moved into a foreign table if the foreign data wrapper supports it."

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/sql-update.html

regards, Sergei