Re: Update does not move row across foreign partitions in v11

От Derek Hans
Тема Re: Update does not move row across foreign partitions in v11
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Based on a reply to reporting this as a bug, moving rows out of foreign partitions is not yet implemented so this is behaving as expected. There's a mention of this limitation in the Notes section of the Update docs.

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 6:12 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 2019-Feb-22, Derek Hans wrote:

> I've set up 2 instances of PostgreSQL 11. On instance A, I created a table
> with 2 local partitions and 2 partitions on instance B using foreign data
> wrappers, following https://pgdash.io/blog/postgres-11-sharding.html.
> Inserting rows into this table works as expected, with rows ending up in
> the appropriate partition. However, updating those rows only moves them
> across partitions in some of the situations:
>
>    - From local partition to local partition
>    - From local partition to foreign partition
>
> Rows are not moved
>
>    - From foreign partition to local partition
>    - From foreign partition to foreign partition
>
> Is this the expected behavior? Am I missing something or configured
> something incorrectly?

Sounds like a bug to me.

--
Álvaro Herrera                https://www.2ndQuadrant.com/

Сообщение: Re: Performance comparison between Pgsql 10.5 and Pgsql 11.2
Сообщение: Re: Performance comparison between Pgsql 10.5 and Pgsql 11.2