[pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 latency issues on Remote Desktop

От Eric Hirst
Тема [pgadmin-support] pgAdmin 4 latency issues on Remote Desktop
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi, I'm new to the pgAdmin tool, and am struggling with what appears to be a bug.  I suspect the issue is with the GUI framework that was used to write the tool, but I don't know anything about that framework.

REPRO STEPS:
1. Use Remote Desktop to connect to a remote Windows machine.  (This is how I typically work 3-4 days per week.  My remote machine is about 20 miles from my house although I don't know much about the actual network topology.)

2. Open pgAdmin 4, version:

Version1.2
CopyrightCopyright 2013 - 2017, The pgAdmin Development Team
Python Version2.7.12 (v2.7.12:d33e0cf91556, Jun 27 2016, 15:19:22) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]
Flask Version0.11.1
Application ModeDesktop

3. Open a query window and start typing
ERROR: ~1 second latency between keyboard/mouse input and screen refresh.  Tool is almost unusable as a result.

OTHER OBSERVATIONS/NOTES:
1. I have a fast connection; all other tools work fine without noticable latency.
2. pgAdmin 4 works fine when I'm in the office and not using Remote Desktop.
3. pgAdmin 4 works fine when I install it directly on my home machine and query from there.

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Eric Hirst