Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK

От Nelson Green
Тема Re: Last inserted row id with complex PK
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:24 PM, David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com> wrote:
Nelson Green wrote
> My apologies, I was not completely clear. I will not know any of the
> columns in advance. The most recent insert is the result of user input
> from
> a web form, so I won't know what project or what user generated the last
> insert. That was why I wandered if that information was stored anywhere in
> the system.

I'd probably add either (or both) a table-level auto-sequence field and a
"recordcreationdate" default timestamptz field.

Yeah, default timestamp was the best solution I could come up with, but I
was hoping there was a way to access the actual PK of the most recent insert.
Looks like timestamp it is.

Thanks everyone!

David J.