Re: [GENERAL] Converting inherited partitions into declarative ones

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Converting inherited partitions into declarative ones
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is it possible to avoid Full Scan here? I have TBs worth of data in partitions,
so it'll takes ages to switch to the declarative partitioning the way things stand now.

OK, looking at the source code helped — I need to change `created_at` column to be `NOT NULL`.
After this change things are working as expected.

I wonder if it's possible to adjust documentation here:

This does not work, however, if any of the partition keys is an expression and the partition does not accept NULL values
or partitioning column is missing NOT NULL constraint.

?

--
Victor Yegorov