Re: BUG #15290: Stuck Parallel Index Scan query

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: BUG #15290: Stuck Parallel Index Scan query
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
ср, 25 июл. 2018 г. в 8:46, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>:
On Wed, Jul 25, 2018 at 8:43 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well spotted.  I think here we can release the current page lock
> before calling _bt_parallel_seize as we don't need it to get the next
> page.

I have written a patch on the above lines and manually verified (by
reproducing the issue via debugger) that it fixes the issue.  Thomas,
Victor, is it possible for you guys to see if the attached fixes the
issue for you?

First, I failed to reproduce Thomas' case on the VM with just 1 core.
But it is reproduced just fine on an 8-core machine, make sure to warm up the index first though.

Patch fixes the issue for me here.

--
Victor Yegorov