Re: Failure to create GiST on ltree column

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: Failure to create GiST on ltree column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
пн, 25 мая 2020 г. в 18:25, Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>:
I wonder if/how that fails if you create the index before adding data:

CREATE TABLE test_path(path ltree);
CREATE INDEX ON test_path USING GIST(path);
INSERT INTO test_path SELECT * FROM comments.mp_comments;

Does that fail on a particular row ?

How many paths do you have and how long?  How big is the table?

Yes, it fails.

I got permission and created a partial dump of the data with:
CREATE TABLE lc AS SELECT id, path FROM comments.mp_comments WHERE length(path::text)>=500;

Attached. It is reproduces the error I get. One needs to create ltree extension first.

I understand, that issue most likely comes from the length of the ltree data stored in the columns.
But error is a bit misleading…

--
Victor Yegorov
Вложения