Re: Deleting older versions in unique indexes to avoid page splits

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: Deleting older versions in unique indexes to avoid page splits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
чт, 31 дек. 2020 г. в 03:55, Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie>:
Attached is v12, which fixed bitrot against the master branch. This
version has significant comment and documentation revisions. It is
functionally equivalent to v11, though.

I intend to commit the patch in the next couple of weeks. While it
certainly would be nice to get a more thorough review, I don't feel
that it is strictly necessary. The patch provides very significant
benefits with certain workloads that have traditionally been
considered an Achilles' heel for Postgres. Even zheap doesn't provide
a solution to these problems. The only thing that I can think of that
might reasonably be considered in competition with this design is
WARM, which hasn't been under active development since 2017 (I assume
that it has been abandoned by those involved).

I am planning to look into this patch in the next few days.

--
Victor Yegorov