Re: seqscan for 100 out of 3M rows, index present

От Victor Yegorov
Тема Re: seqscan for 100 out of 3M rows, index present
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2013/6/26 Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com>
postgres does a seqscan, even though there is an index present and it should be much more efficient to use it.
I tried to synthetically reproduce it, but it won't make the same choice when i do.
I can reproduce it with a simplified set of the data itself though.

here's the query, and the analyzed plan:
select count(*)
from d2
join g2 on g2.gid=d2.gid
where g2.k=1942

1) Could you show the output of the following queries, please?
select relname,relpages,reltuples::numeric
  from pg_class where oid in ('d2'::regclass, 'g2'::regclass);
select attrelid::regclass, attname,
       CASE WHEN attstattarget<0 THEN current_setting('default_statistics_target')::int4 ELSE attstattarget END
  from pg_attribute
 where attrelid in ('d2'::regclass, 'g2'::regclass) and attname='gid';

2) Will it help running the following?:
ALTER TABLE d2 ALTER gid SET STATISTICS 500;
VACUUM ANALYZE d2;
EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) ...
SET enable_seqscan TO 'off';
EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) ...

--
Victor Y. Yegorov

Сообщение: Re: seqscan for 100 out of 3M rows, index present
Сообщение: Re: seqscan for 100 out of 3M rows, index present