Optimizing PostgreSQL with LLVM's PGO+LTO

От João Paulo Labegalini de Carvalho
Тема Optimizing PostgreSQL with LLVM's PGO+LTO
Дата
Re: Optimizing PostgreSQL with LLVM's PGO+LTO  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: Optimizing PostgreSQL with LLVM's PGO+LTO  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I am investigating the benefits of different profile-guided optimizations (PGO) and link-time optimizations (LTO) versus binary optimizers (e.g. BOLT) for applications such as PostgreSQL.

I am facing issues when applying LTO to PostgreSQL as the produced binary seems broken (the server dies quickly after it has started). This is definitely a compiler bug, but I was wondering if anyone here  have experimented with LTO for PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

--
João Paulo L. de Carvalho
Ph.D Computer Science |  IC-UNICAMP | Campinas , SP - Brazil