Re: replication lag despite corrective config

От Wyatt Alt
Тема Re: replication lag despite corrective config
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry, I see now there was a similar question a few days ago:

Two ideas proposed (aside from disconnects):
* Autovacuum is truncating a page on the master and taking an AccessExclusiveLock on the table in use on the replica
* A "pin conflict", which I'm still unfamiliar with.

The user's response says they are in the first bucket, but the argument relies on max_standby_streaming_delay set to -1, while mine is 5 minutes. I need to understand pin conflicts better, but the likely scenario Andrew outlined doesn't apply to me. My offending queries were doing bitmap heap scans on a 300GB table.

Reading the thread I see Andres ask for the "precise conflict" the user gets -- is there a way I can get that without a datadir? And to re-frame the original question, are there causes of replication lag that max_standby_streaming_delay would not be expected to prevent, that would be resolved by killing long standby queries? If so, what's the best way to confirm?

Wyatt